Project Manager for our New York City Office
Who we are
Mijksenaar is a design and consultancy firm specializing in wayfinding, with
offices in Amsterdam and New York City. Our primary goal is to connect
people and places in a meaningful way. We see every visit, ride and trip as a
journey – all of which we strive to make easier, more efficient and more fun.
Our philosophy is research based and our solutions are geared toward the
user. We work with municipalities, airports, transportation hubs, hospitals,
cultural institutions, parks and on digital projects. Our solutions are used
daily by millions of people in over 20 countries and over five continents.
See our projects.
As a Project Manager at Mijksenaar, you have a coordinating role within
large projects. You work proactively with the design teams and the clients,
while ensuring the project runs in a balanced manner and according to the
budget and planning allocated. You’ll be involved in all aspects of the project
process; writing analysis reports, collaborating on design strategy, mockingup
presentations, field studies and liaising with clients as well as managing
a team. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to learn, takes initiative and
brings a unique perspective and skill-set to our fast-growing team.
- Undergraduate or masters degree in industrial design, communication/
graphic design, experience design, architecture, digital media, urban
design or comparable field;
- 8+ years experience in a wayfinding office or a related design office;
- A thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
- You are creative and analytical, passionate and strive for the best result;
- You are proactive and curious, you like to push boundaries;
- You meet your deadlines and do not have a ‘9 to 5’ mentality;
- Speaking Dutch is a plus, but (definitely) not a requirement – Our New
York office speaks English, Spanish, and German.
Conditions of employment
Your salary will be commensurate with your education and work experience.
Interested? Send a cover letter, your CV and portfolio to: email@example.com, attention: Cesar Sanchez.