Junior Wayfinding Designer for our New York City Office
Who we are
Mijksenaar is a design and consultancy firm specializing in wayfinding, with
offices in Amsterdam and New York City. Our primary goal is to connect
people and places in a meaningful way. We see every visit, ride and trip as a
journey – all of which we strive to make easier, more efficient and more fun.
Our philosophy is research based and our solutions are geared toward the
user. We work with municipalities, airports, transportation hubs, hospitals,
cultural institutions, parks and on digital projects. Our solutions are used
daily by millions of people in over 20 countries and over five continents.
See our projects.
As a Junior Designer at Mijksenaar, you’ll be involved in all aspects of the project process, so your day-to-day will be much more than just 2D or 3D design work. You’ll frequently be involved in research or collecting design precedents, writing analysis reports, collaborating on design strategy, mocking-up presentations, field studies and liaising with clients. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to learn, takes initiative and brings a unique perspective and skillset to our fast-growing team.
- Undergraduate or masters degree in industrial design, communication/graphic design, experience design, architecture, digital media, urban design or comparable field;
- 2+ years experience in a wayfinding office or a related design office;
- A thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
- You are creative and analytical, passionate and strive for the best result;
- You are proactive and curious, you like to push boundaries;
- You meet your deadlines and do not have a ‘9 to 5’ mentality;
- Speaking Dutch is a plus, but (definitely) not a requirement – Our New York office speaks English, Spanish, and German.
Conditions of employment
Your salary will be commensurate with your education and work experience.
Interested? Send a cover letter, your CV and portfolio to: email@example.com, attention: Cesar Sanchez.